Access Kim’s Resources by category:
Books & Workbooks:
Inside Anorexia: The Experiences of Girls and Their Families
Authors: Christine Halse, Anne Honeoy , & Desiree Boughtwood
Beating Ana: How to Outsmart Your Eating Disorder and Take Your Life Back
Author: Shannon Cutts
Feeding the Starving Mind: A Personalized, Comprehensive Approach to Overcoming Anorexia and Other Starvation Eating Disorders
Author: Doreen A. Samelson, Ed.D., MSCP
The Anorexia Workbook: How to Accept Yourself, Heal Your Suffering, and Reclaim Your Life (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
Authors: Michelle Heffner, MA, Georg H. Eifert, PhD
Intuitive Eating, 3rd Edition
Authors: Evelyn Tribole M.S., R.D., Elyse Resch M.S., R.D.
Andrea’s Voice: Silenced by Bulimia: Her Story and Her Mother’s Journey Through Grief Toward Understanding
Author: Doris Smeltzer With: Andrea Lynn Smeltzer
The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Bulimia: A Guide to Breaking Free from Bulimia Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
Authors: Emily K Sandoz, Kelly G Wilson, Troy Dufrene
Crave: Why You Binge Eat and How to Stop
Author: Cynthia M. Bulik, Ph.D.
Women, Food, & God
Author: Geneen Roth
Overcoming Binge Eating, Second Edition: The Proven Program to Learn Why You Binge and How You Can Stop
Edited by Christopher G. Fairburn, DM, FRC Psych
If Your Adolescent Has an Eating Disorder: An Essential Resource for Parents (Adolescent Mental Health Initiative)
Authors: B. Timothy Walsh, M.D., V. L. Cameron
Why She Feels Fat: Understanding Your Loved One’s Eating Disorder and How You Can Help
Authors: Johanna Marie McShane, Tony Paulson
Surviving an Eating Disorder
Authors: Michelle Siegel, Ph.D., Judith Brisman, Ph.D., Margot Weinshel, Ph.D.
Talking to Eating Disorders: Simple Ways to Support Someone With Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating, Or Body Image Issues
Authors: Jeanne Albronda Heaton, Ph.D., Claudia J. Strauss
Local Support Groups
Anorexic & Bulimics Anonymous (ABA):
- Conroe, TX-Meet on Sundays at 6pm. Contact Joni @ 936-444-9858 for information.
- Houston, TX-Meets at the Council for Drugs and Alcohol on Saturday at 11am. Contact Karen @ 281-900-0209
Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders (ANAD):
- The Woodlands, TX-Meets on 2nd Saturday of the month from 10-11am at The Woodlands Eating Disorder Center. Call 281-465-9229 for questions and information.
Overeaters Anonymous (OA):
- The Woodlands, TX-Meets at Woodlands Northwood Unitarian Church on Monday at 4pm and Friday at 12pm. Contact Dawn @ 281-292-5689 for information.
- Conroe, TX-Meets at Conroe Regional Medical Center on Saturdays at 10am. Contact Nancy @ 936-756-1524 for information.
- Houston, TX-Women’s group meets on Thursday nights at 6:15PM at The Council on Alcohol and Drugs. Contact Caroline C. @ 713-203-3346 for information.
- Houston, TX-Men’s group meets on Mondays nights at 6 PM at The Council on Alcohol and Drugs. Contact Will D. @ 713-828-9486 for information.
Independent Groups led by professionals:
- North Houston, TX- Crave : Connecting with the real you-for people with emotional and compulsive eating. Meets on Tuesdays from 5-6:30pm at the Sendito Center. Contact Nova Beltran at 281-866-8746×2 for information.
- North Houston, TX-Intuitive Eating Group: To help develop a healthy relationship with food, mind and body. Meets on Monday from 6-7:30pm and Fridays 11-12:30pm at the Sendito Center. Contact Alison Childers at 281-866-8746×3 for information.
- North Houston, TX-Mindful Me: A 6 week course of mindfulness and meditation. Contact Nova Beltran at 281-866-8746×2 for dates and times.
- North Houston, TX-Skill Building: Essential skills to help life a healthy and well balanced life. Meets on Wednesdays from 3-4:30pm. Contact Nova Beltran at 281-866-8746×2 for more information.
- Houston, TX -Eating Disorders Recovery Group led by Jana Rosenbaum, LCSW. Group is $60/session and is an ongoing group that meets at 1501 Crocker St Suite 1, Houston, TX 77019.
- Bellaire, TX-Eating Disorders Support Group led by Caryn Honig, RD. Meets on Monday 5:30-6:30pm at The Healthy Weigh 5959 West Loop South Ste 260, Bellaire, TX 77401. The group is an ongoing group that is free to the public, however, you must call 713-622-6422 before attending as new members must be screened.
Intensive Out Patient (IOP) Programs
- The Woodlands, TX- The Woodlands Eating Disorder Center IOP
- North Houston, TX-The Sentido Center
- Houston, TX-Houston Eating Disorder Center
- EDCASA-San Antonio, TX
- Remuda Ranch– Wickenburg, AZ
- Rosewood-Wickenburg, AZ
- Sierra Tucsan-Tucsan, AZ
- Eating Recovery Center-Denver, CO
- The Ranch– Nunnelly, TN
- Timberline Knolls –Lemont, IL
- Houston Eating Disorder Specialists (HEDS)
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED)
- Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD)
- American Dietetic Association (ADA)
- International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP)
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- National Association for Males with Eating Disorders (NAMED)
*The above links and resources are simply for informational use and are in no way meant to be used for diagnostic or endorsement purposes. It is recommended that professional help be sought out by anyone who is unsure of what type of treatment or level of care would best suite their personal needs. Please note that the information and/or site listings may change over time.